How can I feature my artwork in RED ROVER?
RED ROVER provides an exciting, supportive, and engaging environment for exposure to the region’s hidden talents while providing hope, inspiration, and motivation to potential artists. Solo and group artists will be considered as will all types of media, though we highly encourage and strongly prefer artists who take into consideration the unique nature of the trailer exhibition space, and create installations that relate to it accordingly. Artists may create a unique environment for RED ROVER’s interior space. (Interior dimensions/floor space = 6’2″ wide x 8’1″ long.) All art works must stay within the confines of the trailer, however, and the viewing public is only permitted to view the artwork through its many exterior windows. RED ROVER will be placed in public locations throughout the duration of the exhibition and will only be moved by a designated Art on Alberta board member.
To submit work for RED ROVER, send Art on Alberta:
- Your name, location, and contact details (please specify one contact person if proposing as a group)
- Current resume/cv/bio (from each member if group submission)
- Artist statement (150 words max)
- Installation exhibition proposal
- Any special installation or mounting requirements
- Preferred dates, if any
- 12 total samples maximum for individual artists; 20 maximum for groups
- List corresponding to samples stating actual size, media, title
- Description of floor talk/presentation/tour
- Signed copy of waiver acknowledging that you the artist(s), have read and understand our insurance coverage policy and that the artist(s) will be responsible to return trailer to its original condition upon completion of show. (Art on Alberta to provide paint and spackle.) If selected to exhibit in RED ROVER, Art on Alberta will provide a copy of the waiver for artists to sign.
CD Submissions to RED ROVER via post – do not send original materials!
Artists may submit their digital files in JPG format on CD. File size for each image can be up to 5 MB, high quality resolution images (300 dpi), 1920 pixels on the longest side. Images should be quality, clear, accurate representations of artist’s work (not digitally altered). Each image should have a filename that includes the artist’s name (example: your_name_1.jpg, your_name_2.jpg, etc.). Please reference each file and provide details about the work in a separate list.
CD submissions should include contact information, artist statement, resume/cv/bio, proposal, requirements, and other information as noted above. CDs will not be returned.
Artists with high quality websites that display their work are invited to submit their site address (URL) for review. Send Art on Alberta an email that introduces yourself as an artist and include a link to your site. Please provide an artist statement, artist resume/cv/bio, along with contact information, and the other required information as noted above.
Please send submissions to: Art on Alberta / RED ROVER Trailer Exhibitions
Attn: Eve Connell
1526 Northeast Alberta Street #101
Portland OR 97211
Questions? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org